Attingham Park

Attingham Park was designed by George Stewart and was built in 1785 for Noel Hill, 1st Baron Berwick on the site of an earlier house built to his own designs by Richard Hill of Hawkstone Later, John Nash added the picture gallery. It was the seat of the Barons Berwick until that title became extinct in 1953. The hall at Attingham Park is now the regional headquarters of the National Trust and also on the estate is the Shropshire office of Natural England

Location: Shropshire

Photographer: David Farrar

Attingham Park

Attingham Park was designed by George Stewart and was built in 1785 for Noel Hill, 1st Baron Berwick on the site of an earlier house built to his own designs by Richard Hill of Hawkstone Later, John Nash added the picture gallery. It was the seat of the Barons Berwick until that title became extinct in 1953. The hall at Attingham Park is now the regional headquarters of the National Trust and also on the estate is the Shropshire office of Natural England

Location: Shropshire

Photographer: David Farrar